Wednesday 17 July 2013

Terminalgaunt

Well that was worse than I thought it would be.  About 15 hours to paint stripey Termagaunts.  It took me all weekend and most of Monday night.  Granted there were long periods of weeping, hysteria and staring vacantly into space humming to myself.  

Do they look the same as the original paint job?  Was it worth 15 hours?  Huh? Huh?!

However, I estimate that I was actually painting for 15 hours.  If only I could channel all that effort into something useful.  Like jewelry making.  I could be making a fortune in polished bead necklaces or friendship bracelets.  I work with a woman who makes doll's house furniture in her spare time and sells it at the local flea market.  She doesn't make much but she makes enough to keep doing it.  I must be mad.  I don't even like Termagants.  Stupid, bloody, guardsmen statline, pistol wielding, tar pitting, bubble wrap, shit eating, cannon fodder.

Having said all that, I was quite pleased with the stripey effect.  Of course, they aren't finished.  I still have to base 20 of them and ruin the eyes and teeth trying to get blobs of paint into crevices that are too small to see with the naked eye.  "Oh sweet sonny Jesus! I just painted half his face orange!"  That's what black washes are for.  Throw copious amounts of Nuln Oil over the top of your fat-fingered-fudge-ups.  Its like sunshine, it makes everything look better.  But it will have to wait until a later date.  I can't bear to look at another gaunt right now.  And the tournament is only 2 weeks away.  I think I'll finish off the Mawloc next since he only needs a bit of touching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment