Sunday 22 March 2015

Like... eggs or something

This is driving me nuts.  I'm on my 3rd iteration of the gas sacs, the tongue doesn't fit and I've forgotten how many times I had to re-position the Carnifex.  Its like doing a horrendous 3D jigsaw puzzle.  Except the pieces come from 3 different puzzles, you have to melt some of them to get them to fit and the last few must be placed whilst blindfolded.


I'm long past the stage of enjoyment and only obstinate nerd rage is keeping me going.  If I hadn't started blogging about it, I probably would have given up by now.  Ah, I need to stop fussing and go to bed before I break the damn thing or accidentally chop the end of my finger off.  I managed to stab myself in the leg last year with a scalpel whilst cutting through a particularly frustrating conversion.  I was able to tape the wound closed but it probably could have done with a stitch and I ruined a perfectly good pair of jeans.  Don't want a repeat performance this evening.

7 comments:

  1. It looks amazing, but yeah when it feels like you're approaching the limits of endurance.patience it's definitely best to take a break. Once it's done and photographed you should definitely do some Photoshop work on it to make it look like a sketch in some Inquisitors manual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it started out as a sketch but I couldn't visualize it properly and figured it would just be easier to build it. I might reverse engineer the drawing though. Good idea!

      Delete
  2. I've been loving seeing this come together man, it's an epic bit of kitbashing! I totally hear where you're coming from though, sometimes you gotta put a project down and work on something else for a bit just for sanity's sake! Great work, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling better after a good night's sleep but I hear ya

      Delete
  3. Yeah, take a break :) It's looking incredible though. Should make you feel good this is likely to be the only one like it in the entire world. It'll be a masterpiece when done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't count my Norn queens before they hatch but yeah I think the worst is over. Thanks

      Delete