Monday 28 August 2017

You're only supposed to pull the bloody doors off


 Painting the inside of Dreadnoughts is a new low for me.  There's definitely not enough gas sacs and far too many straight lines (I'll be edge-highlighting sooooo many straight lines next week.  Sweet Mother of Terra!!)


I was a bit stupid with the claw marks on the carapace.  I should have deftly cut minimal grooves to subtly hint at the initial, bone crunching engagement of these two monsters rather than mincing around, stabbing at it with a scalpel.  Oh well, as the blessed Bob Ross once told us, "We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents."


The inside is still not finished.  The severed pipes are magnetised because.. magnets but I've only base coated them and fiddled around with it until the patriarch looks like he's playing with hair or something.  I'm also thinking of putting a huge stab wound in the sarcophagus, spurting a hot mess of Nurgle's Rot down the faceplate and pooling in the bottom armour carapace.


I'm getting the jitters sitting here for hours on end, painting what looks like the inside of an electric plug.  What the hell am I doing?  I might have to have some serious private time with my Xbox when this is done.


Well anyway, the Redemptor needs a lot more work but I actually based it before painting the model.  How bizarre.  I've been flicking through the photos in quick succession to try and make a sort of 'flip-book' movie.


It didn't work very well and I probably needed to take several thousand more pictures.  Its quite fun to play with the 'Glacis' though.  God, this is going to take an age to finish.


6 comments:

  1. Ha ha, at least people will see the inside of this one, I'm not painting the interior of a Landraider again! Love the extra hoses, and Nurgles rot and a few drops of Blood for the Blood God to insinuate a fatally wounded amniotic sac inside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You painted the inside of a Landraider? Respect dude. Yeah I was thinking of doing them both mortally wounded. Mutually assured destruction!

      Delete
  2. That is looking fantastic! Really dig the little vignette it's turning into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mordian. Interested to see what new ideas you've gotten from GenCon. Not sure about the 'galloping Con crud' tho!

      Delete
  3. Hey, just found my way over from St. Andrews WG. I think I've seen an admired your Nids when I was starting my own 2 years back, and those Red Scorpions look ace! Just read a bunch of your articles here, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris, I always try to keep it up but sometimes the flesh is weak :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete